In 1310, the last major of Sierre had a chapel built, which was initially dedicated to St Theodolus and then to St Catherine. It became the parish church in 1331.
The choir, built in 1524, is remarkable for its ribbed vaulting. The ceiling of the nave, which was rebuilt in 1721, has interlaced groin vaulting. Also noteworthy are the vestiges of the original wall painting in the chapel of St Anthony, to the south.