Work on this nobleman’s residence was started in the 17th century by Jean-François de Courten.
Formerly known as the Château de la Cour, the building became the Hôtel Château Bellevue in 1888, under its owner Michel Zufferey. English visitors liked its large bedrooms and its comfort. The hotel welcomed some famous guests, including the writer Rainer Maria Rilke and the German philosopher Rudolf Kassner, who stayed at the hotel for 17 years.
In 1964, the municipality of Sierre bought the building to turn it into the Hôtel de Ville (town hall).